Air purifier is easy to maintain and clean up if HEPA filter is Washable or permanent. Two types of air purifiers available in market: washable and non-washable. Wash your air HEPA filter warm water with sopy cleaner within 30 days. Clean non-washable with damp cloth after clean use dry cloth rinse excess amount of water.
What we need to clean an air purifier filter:
- The screwdriver does not need all types of model
- Vacuum for pick up dirt
- New model Carbon Filter
- New model HEPA Filter
How to clean an air purifier filter Ultimate guide:
Visual indicator presents most of air purifiers that indicate replacement and cleaning time of filter. If indicator does not present your air filter don’t worry, normally best time to change filter every 3-6 months. Before change filter must-read guidance of product. Ensure unplugged before start cleaning air purifier, also ensure about turning off power and electrical cord are safe place from wall.
1. Clean Exterior Pre-Filters of purifier:
2. Open Air Filter Cover and remove it:
Almost all air filter cover with easy-open tabs. That is present backside of filter and easy to remove. Air filter open by hand but larger models need screwdriver. If you not able find how remove air filter cover then check manual or search online specific problem.
3. Remove Air Filter:
Air filter picks up dust, dirt, and bacteria from air, so it contains lots of nasty elements. After removing air filters keep it on dustbin and be careful any dirt not back on home.
4. Fit New Air Filter:
Normally air filters used one-way airflow and contain germ from indoor air. All kind of air filters installation system is not same. So check manual paper before install. Firstly Pull polluted air at pre-filter, then a carbon filter, and finally a HEPA filter.
5. Fix New Air Filter Cover:
When new air filter install tasks done then replace filter cover. Make sure screws fitted guide holes otherwise air filter not work properly.
6. Test for Operation:
Complete all task plug and test for operation because some filter does not work for improper installation. Sometimes filter damage for improper installation because it’s damage internal part of filter, indicator light rarely signal to improve the installation process.
Cleaning air purifiers is not very hard task just follow our all steps to clean. If you get confused then search online or see the cleaning manual. Happy cleaning!!
1. Can HEPA filters be washed and reused?
Answer: HEPA filter used on vacuum cleaner and air purifier collect dust. Regular HEPA filter clean enhance cleaning performance and most of HEPA filter is washable and non-washable. So that HEPA filter is also reused.
2. Do air purifiers need to be cleaned?
Answer: Most of air purifier has dirt Visual indicator that notices you cleaning time air purifier. Air purifiers need clean within 30 days otherwise it’s not working properly. If air purifier is washable wash it with warm water and soapy solution. After wash pre-filter rinse with clean cloth.
3. How do I clean my Honeywell air purifier filter?
- Before start, clean Unplug your air purifier. If dirt Visual indicator presents that good but if not present try to clean HEPA filter within 30 days.
- Clean Exterior Pre-Filters of air purifier because it’s suck dirt particle from air. Vacuum your, If pre-filter is washable then wash it and if non-washable then take dampen cloth clean it.
- Remove old air filter, if it’s reusable than use it after wash. Change your filter and keep old filter dustbin and ensure no dust back to home.
- After complete remove the old air filter task then install a new air purifier.
- Finally, check your air purifier with plugin. Be sure screws are fitted properly. Sometimes air purifiers did not work for proper installation.
4. How do you clean a non-washable HEPA filter?
Answer: Firstly remove pre-filter from air purifier then use vacuum picks up dirt, dust and other dirt particles from it. Take dampen cloth and clean HEPA filter properly after doing this task tale clean cloth and wipe down HEPA filter air dry.
SOME IMPORTANT ARTICLES OUR READERS LOVE
- Best Wet Vacuum For Pet Urine 2019
- Top 10 Commercial Vacuums Reviews 2019 | Ultimate Guide
- Best Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviews 2019
- The Best Vacuum for Long Hair Removal | 2019 Buyers Guide
- Top 10 Best Vacuums For Stairs Reviews 2019 | You Should Know Before Buying
- 5 Best Vacuums for Laminate Floors in 2019– Comparison & Reviews
- The Best Vacuums for Concrete Floors 2019
- How To Clean Matte Finish Hardwood Floors
- Best mopping technique Ultimate guide
- Things to consider when buying vacuum cleaner
- How To Clean And Maintain Your Vacuum Cleaner
- How To Vacuum Carpet With Dyson
- How To Vacuum Your Car
- Laminate Floor Cleaning Solution
- Some Effective tricks to Keep Yours Hardwood Floors Looking Good!
- Some suggestions for the best vacuum cleaners for stairs?
- What is the best way to clean stairs?
- What model of a vacuum cleaner would be best for cleaning up long hair?
- Benefit of handheld vacuum
- Which is the best commercial vacuum cleaner 2019
- Which is the best pet hair removal vacuum 2019?